Thursday, February 21, 2013

Blog #8


In the article “Is Google Making Us Stupid” Nicolas Carr talks about how he can no longer read through a whole article. He finds himself just skimming through it. He also talks about how days of research only takes minutes to find now. With the internet we have all the information in the world accessible to us and we don’t have to work our brain so much searching for it. He mentions that he finds it hard to stay on task. I can relate to that, especially when I am trying to do work on my computer. I find myself changing my screens and doing multiple things at once. I can’t seem to stay concentrated anymore. He also mentions that the internet has changed the way we think. I agree with that because a lot of people can no longer sit and read one thing for a long period of time. The internet has made it so easy for us to get information and now we wish to get that information just as fast by skimming the article or book we are reading. I don’t think that Google is making us “stupid” it’s just changed the way we get our information. Everything is fast these days and things have to change to become faster too.

No comments:

Post a Comment