Wednesday, February 13, 2013

bolg #7


I read Greg Gatjanis's essay “A Death He Freely Accepted”. He talks about his father and how his father would tell him he loved him every day but he never told him he loved him back. When his dad was in the hospital unconscious he told him he loved him and his dad responded to that. Soon after his father died. He knew that all his dad wanted to do was comfort him and that’s exactly what he did by responding to him.

                My aunt passed about two and a half years ago. She had cancer for years. I saw her before she passed and I could just tell that she was tired and was ready to go. She even said that it was her time. She lived her life happy and full of love. Nothing ever got in her way. She was always positive no matter how much she was hurting. She would always tell us that when she passed she didn’t want anyone to cry or to be sad. She wanted the family to have a party and celebrate the life that she lived. She would jokingly say that she even wanted a live band to come and play at her funeral. And that is exactly what the family did. I knew that she was happy that we did as she wished. And ever since I have made a promise to myself that I would not complain about silly little things but slow down and think about what I am thankful for, because there are people who are fighting for their life’s every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment