Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Response to iPod world (blog #5)


 

Growing up I had no iPod, cellphone, computer, Nintendo ds, or a Wii. I grew up without any of those things and I was perfectly fine. I got to explore the world that has been forgotten. We may be physically here but most of the time we aren’t mentally here. I first realized it when I was spending time with my brothers. Everywhere we went both my brothers had their Nintendo’s in their hand, my sister and I had our cell phones. Whenever I would say something to one of my brothers they would respond with something not relevant to what I had asked them. I feel like the rest of the world is like that too. We are so into our electronics that we forget what the world is really like. I think that Andrew Sullivan really hits it on the dot when he says” But what are we missing? That hilarious shard of an overheard conversation that stays with you all day; the child whose chatter on the sidewalk takes you back to your own childhood memories...” I believe that being on our electronics really does take us to a different more selfish world.

No comments:

Post a Comment